Friday, August 5, 2011

Rockets Racing

Finally caving in and putting the blog up so my friends and family can keep up with all the riding and racing my kids and I do.

Lots to post, where to start?  From the beginning? That would take a while for sure... how about we kick things off with a little bit about each of of the Rockets.








I, JP (aka Rocket), am one of the luckiest dads because I love to ride and race bikes and my kids do as well and for this I am blessed. MTB and CX are where my wheels roll and occasionally you will find me in a race on the road. I rode and raced when I was young, took 14 years off for life, work, kids, got out of shape and gained 60 pounds! Fast forward a few years and I am in my 3th year back racing again and wish I never stopped, and those 60 pounds are gone and I never want them back...

I race with a great group of guys and gals on the Ethos Racing team. Super fast, Super cool and pretty much the best dirt team in these parts!





BLING - 4th Place MTB Nats
K-Rocket is the up and coming superstar and is just simply in love with bikes. Just about to turn 16 and racing all over the country taking podium after podium and smiling the whole time. Here she is wearing the latest bling from her 4th place finish and MTB Nationals! 

She is very self motivated and has her own coach, Adam Mills with Source Endurance, who does in great job working with her. Adam focuses on her long term love with the sport, not creating a short term kid wonder that will burn out by 18, and making sure her training does not get in the way of being a teen!

You will see a lot of K-Rocket on the CX scene this fall as that is her #1 passion. This season her goals have her taking a step on the podium at CX Nats in Jan. Helping her get there this season will be the best tires in the business from Challenge and the lightweight fast rolling bomb proof carbon tubulars from State Wheels. Big thank you two her first two full sponsors!


Winner Winner!!!



Nate is the fun loving young man that loves to ride around in the dirt. Super smart and funny as all heck but when it's race time he is all in. Nate is riding for the U20 team and is itching to get it on during CX soon.










Tori is one crazy 10 year girl on a bike. Already owning a CX bike and two MTB's she is well on her way to an addiction! Look for her on the CX course this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment