Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Lap 1 - Boxing Day CX - Elite Men's race

The Pain Train lap 1
3 races this week to fine tune the engine and equipment before heading up to CX Nats in Madison. Been on the paleo template diet since July (earlier postings have the details on that), dropped some more weight (down below 170 now). I sort of put together a training plan back in November the week before Jingle Cross and threw in these threshold intervals that Karen's coach over at Source Endurance has her doing. She has really gotten pretty darn fast this last season so I figured maybe doing one of her hardest workouts once a week might help me some as well.

My last 3-4 races have been my best of the season and I am feeling stronger and faster each week, good timing leading into Nationals. Hoping to keep rolling and pull some nice finishes in the last two races which should lower my points and get me a better starting spot at Nats. Looks like I am 3rd or 4th row sitting high twenties out of 70 racers. That will be by far my best starting position at a big race this year. I was back row every USGP race since I did not pre-reg (never again!).

Anyways, here is some first lap video of the Boxing Day race. I mounted up the Drift Innovations HD170 to the stem and other then the cables on my bike rattling a bit the cam did a pretty good job. We turned a ~5:20 second lap and kept the gas on the entire race. Good times for sure. (select 720 for a better view).



Boxing Day CX Pics:
Roger did another great job shooting some pics.
More great pics from Mark here on facebook.
Jon was slinging the cam here are his pics.
Chris with some nice shots here.

Race results here.

No comments:

Post a Comment