Bike wash is busy with these crazy warm temps here. It hit 50 degrees in town, there is lots of mud!
Rail Road tie run up hurts after a few laps.
No racing today for Karen and I but there were some familiar KC area racers hunting podium spots. We slept in a bit then rolled over the course to cheer on Dean Parker who put in a great race on some tough conditions and getting on the podium in 4th place. I ran around shooting some video while Karen took some pics. Great job Dean, I hope I can still race like that when I am 60 years young, inspirational man. Next up was Catherine Walberg who just missed bringing home another national title with another strong race. Day wrapped up for the KC area racers with Jen Herrell-Rhoades taking on several elite women in her race. Jen took the hole shot and raced hard and just missed the podium finishing 6th on the day. I shot more video of her race which I will post up later tonight along with Dean's hopefully. My main video editing machine is at home but I have my laptop with me so will see what I can whip up on this Windows 7 machine with Movie Maker.
Swung by the KCCX setup and picked up Karen's pit bike for her Friday race, the Fuji Cross 1.0. Adam her coach @ Source Endurance is not racing so gave her his pit bike. Got it adjusted (raised the seat almost 2 inches) and put on my Boyd Wheels glued up with the Challenge Limus. Karen went out a did a few test laps on the bike and if something goes bad or if the her main bike is loaded up with mud she can jump on this and race a clean bike. Back to the hotel for our third in room bike wash then dinner time and early to bed. Karen is feeling better from her cold and even though the competition here is tops, and everyone is amped, she is confident she can mix it up with this crew and come out near the top. The stage is set, the fastest of the fastest girls from around the country are all here, Karen is as prepared as she can be and tomorrow morning @ 10:45 it all goes down...
Here is a collection of pics for today and I will update this entry once I get the vids edited and uploaded.
Dean leading out his race.
Charging up one of two steeper climbs on the course.
Running the steps
Powering up the other steep climb
Done and Dusted - 4th place, great work.
Here is a quick Vid of Dean rocking it!
Jen owning the hole shot!
Everything is getting muddy
Sometimes is faster to run
Finished, great race with a solid 6th place finish
No comments:
Post a Comment