Monday, June 11, 2012

taking yourself out of a race...

Sometimes the race course takes you out, sometimes another rider, and sometimes your own carelessness.



Bad enough to flat at the start, but losing the front skewer bolt in my haste to fix the 2nd flat has to be about the darn dumbest thing I have ever done during a race.

+ Mac did another great job putting on the event, live music, food, water and a great course.
+ I felt great during my hour and a half pre-ride and the short time I was able to race.
- what can go wrong eventually will go wrong. Big race next weekend in CO so no more stupid stuff.
- back to back DNF's due to mechanical failures in my last two MTB races, both state championship races.


2 comments:

  1. Awesome video, best pass of the year - top speed - go off trail and to the left of the tree to blow past rider in a split second !! I hope you yell out - passing on left - or you'd scare the bejusus out of the rider. Rick B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work getting back in to the mix after the 1st flat. Supper bummer about losing the skewer parts. Did you find them?
    Nice video too.

    ReplyDelete